Welcome to chewing on pearls

Even though it might not seem like it on first sight: this site is active! We are a small multi universe community where every member can role play their character(s) in complete freedom. You can play any character on any board/world. There are no fixed site plots, only those created by members on the various boards. You are free to come and go as you please (although we prefer you let us know so people won't wait for replies). Feel free to register with a main account and chat with us or contact members for plots or to work out any idea(s) you might have. Questions? Feel free to PM one of our admins who will try and help you the best we can.

Add Reply
New Poll

sirens burning, red lights turning, for Vouh
Buria Belikov
 Posted: 12 Jan 15, 21:01

"DON’T KISS ME IF YOU’RE AFRAID OF THUNDER. MY LIFE IS A STORM."

detective
female
vouh
10 posts

Buria Richelle Belikov
The smell of hot tea wafted up into Ria's nose and she closed her eyes as the warmth cascaded against her skin, sending the January chills creeping down her neck and fleeing from her cheeks. She tipped the cup up and drank, savoring the flood of heat that ran through her veins and then opened her eyes again as she rounded a corner on the busy street. It was busy, crowded for such an overcast and dreary winter morning. But this was life in the city and it never slept, there was always something more to be done no matter what one's calling was in this bustling metropolis. No rest for the wicked, some would say. It was an ironic thought, but nonetheless true so it would seem. As she strode briskly through the shuffling people, Buria pulled her coat tighter around her shoulders and allowed a soft smirk at her own clever thought, ignoring the wind that was picking up. She glanced skyward and noted the darkening of the clouds; not only would the day be dark and dreary, but it seemed a storm was rolling in. She could not find any reason to be displeased with that observation, not where most would groan and proceed to attempt beating the rain that might break free from its heavenly prison at any moment.

She arrived at the station before the droplets began to descend despite refusing to speed up her already vigorous footsteps. She shrugged her coat off and moved through the security gates, nodding politely but not overly so at the guards who, when they saw her coming, made sure to look busy and preoccupied rather than risk meeting gaze directly. She had managed to create a bit of a reputation for herself here, not necessarily all bad but nor a shining and dazzling one either. Her work was not the issue - everyone recognized her knack for pouring her entire being into a case until it was solved. She was a force to be reckoned with if someone came between her and her target and she was relentless in her pursuit of the truth, the fine details that sometimes made or broke a search. She made her way up the stairs, not even glancing at the queue waiting for the lift to arrive, and noted that no one dared follow her towards the less direct route up to the offices. As usual, the sea parted for her when she touched her toe into the cool waters.

No, the general consensus about Ria was not that she couldn't get the job done. It was that she would prefer to get it done alone. She had never had a partner who lasted more than a few months at best before requesting to be transferred or reassigned. One or two had taken such drastic measures as to reconsider their career choice altogether and outright quit after several weeks of the Ria treatment. It might both some to know their company was not exactly welcomed, but she was a logical thing - knowing that she would excel doing things her way was incentive enough not to change. She simply had no patience for rookies who could not keep up or the typical male partner who expected to be able to take charge of the case and tell her what to do and how to do it. Her superiors had thought assigning her to females might improve the situation, but if anything they made matters worse. Ria was too cold for women to understand; she had never even had a best friend growing up because it had seemed nobody cared to take a peek beyond her chilly exterior.

The world opened up and her eyes grew bright when she reached her floor and found her office, as if her spirit had awakened and she had just arrived home after a long vacation. Her hands brushed across her paperwork tenderly and she glanced at her black computer screen with as much warmth as many would grace a lover with. She did not have long to exchange pleasantries with her room before she was interrupted. Normally her gaze would be icy towards anyone who presumed to come between her and her work, but the familiar eyes of her case manager immediately vanquished any irritation that might have been kindled. "Morning, Jules." The gruff face of the man softened and he smiled thinly. Theirs was a peculiar understanding of one another, from one outsider to another. He was one of those few people she had learned to trust and rely on and likewise he was one of the few who would defend her against idle gossip and chit chat from the rest of the office.

"I have a cold case for you. Follow me." He said with no other introduction. Straight forward and blunt was their usual means of communication and without skipping a beat she discarded her coat and bag and walked after him. "It's Friday, you know." She muttered, not entirely convincingly. He glanced over his shoulder, "We all know you dread the weekends, darling. This will give you something to do." She smiled and said no more. They wound the familiar path to the conference room and she began to slow. Normally, they only went there for briefs and..."What is going on?" Jules stopped, knowing he'd made it further than he had expected before being found out. "Just...hear this out before you decide anything." She shook her head, eyes going stony in stubbornness. She hated it when they threw things like this at her. "I don't work well with others, you know that." He nodded, giving her that, but he was not giving in. "You'll make an exception. He's very good and has...resources we need." As an afterthought he tacked on, "It's only temporary."

Ria scowled darkly but assented without much more protesting. She knew they needed all the help they could get and it sounded like they wanted this interested party's help quite a lot. For a cold case, no less. With her arms crossed she and Jules walked into the conference room where several men were talking already, all of whom she recognized as detectives and the chief. There was one more whom she zeroed in on as being her new "best friend", sitting back in a chair and looking particularly aloof. She directed her evaluating gaze at him for a few moments before dismissing him and taking a seat as well, giving Jules one last sarcastic glare before the chief began to talk. This was going to be a longer weekend than she had wanted after all.

tag: Vouh | words: 1119 | notes: first post with her, bear with me!
PM
^
Vouh J. Akesh
 Posted: 25 Feb 15, 16:04

"There is nothing more beautiful than the night sky, to whom countless broken souls profess their sorrows in hushed desolated whispers."

criminal profiler
male
single pringle
8 posts

A pang of pain shoots through his head as he tries to get up from the bed, immediately he reaches towards his face, but is restricted to only minor movements. He blinks a couple of times before looking at his wrist, which has been wrapped by his own pair of handcuffs. He breathes in slowly, trying to piece together what kind of shit he got himself into this time. He licks his dry lips, and gives another pull at the cuffs. ”Hmm” he mutters softly. With tired eyes he looks beside him, but there’s no other person in the bed. He gazes around to look for the keys that belonged to him, but his vision is still blurry and he can’t be bothered. So he falls back into the softness of the cushions and closes his eyes, uninterested in the person that cuffed him to the bed with one hand.

He’s about to turn around and dwell into his dreams again when a sudden realization hits him. It was friday, didn’t he have some sort of obligation today? ”Oh boy-“ He jumps up from the bed, only to be sneered by the chrome steel around his wrist. ”Damn” he growls. He exhales and rolls to his side to glance around the room. A couple of meters away he can read a small note that had been left;

Good luck figuring yourself out of this one.

With the keys carefully taped against the paper. In a fit of frustration he hits the bedside table, and regrets it immediately. He exhales agitated, his face pulled into a sinister grimas. ”Alright then-“ he takes his knife from the nightstand and starts cutting the bed with his spare hand. It doesn’t take long, since the bed is from IKEA, and his knife is sharp, but the entire situation puts a rather large downer on this day. When he has finally liberated his hand, with cuffs and all, he gets up and retrieves the keys from the note. Quickly he frees himself and rubs his wrist, who knew these things were so damn uncomfortable.

He gets dressed quickly, strapping his gun into his holster, and retrieving his badge from somewhere on the ground. A fragment of himself bragging the night before comes to mind and he pushes it away in an instant. At last he’s fully clothed, only to see that time is going fast, and if he wanted to make a good impression it would be best to hurry the hell up. He rubs his chin, and closes the door behind him. He reaches into his pocket to retrieve his car keys, and walks out of the building.

It doesn’t take him long to get to the address luckily, and his charming smile gets him quickly passed the lady at the front desk. A group of men is waiting for him in a conference room, and he is welcomed in a friendly manner. It’s only a matter of time before he’s telling anecdotes, and corrupting them with his charm. It’s only when the doors open and a blonde walks into the room that he stops talking. He raises his brow and tilts his head to look at her, but she doesn’t look back and he loses his interest. It’s only when the chief introduces him to her that he looks up again. ”This is Vouh Akesh, Criminal Profiler from (City).” Another string of words comes after that, but Vouh his mind has been caught by the blonde again, and he leans forward to politely give her a hand. ”Pleasure to meet you.” He grins.

PMEmail
^
Buria Belikov
 Posted: 02 Jul 15, 02:16

detective
female
vouh
10 posts

with eyes like bullet holes
The men continued to speak for a few moments, the chief's voice growing louder as he began to take control of the conversation. She heard him say a few words to the unnamed benefactor of this meeting, glancing at her nails in feigned disinterest as she gleamed for any hints as to why they were all here in the first place. It was mostly a string of grateful words full of assurances that they would do their best. She was ready to tune out entirely until she heard the chief's voice directed at her. She glanced up and saw him looking at her as his lips moved, saying important words of some sort. 'Vouh Akesh it is', she thought to herself as her gaze flicked over when the chief had finished. She realized the criminal profiler had been looking at her at least for a second or two and refused to blink as he leaned forward and extended his hand. "Pleasure to meet you." He put on a smile that she knows is supposed to seem winning and get her to relax a bit, but because of her past record with males in the field, she was reluctant to allow that.

She continued to hold his gaze, weighing how to respond to him. He seemed nice enough so far, but then again that's how they all started off. After establishing said 'niceness' it became much easier for a male to weasel his way into control and begin ignoring what she had to say - and she was unwilling to risk that this male was not the same at this point. So, in the end she simply nodded without a smile and said "Special Agent Belikov," as her way of getting across that that was all he needed to know. It probably looked as if her eyes went dark after that, in a way that suggested before she had come to her conclusions via all her logic and hesitance that there was a light in them that teetered on the brink of reacting in a much softer way. Her eyes no doubt reflected her thoughts in that sense, darkening as she refused to believe this time would be different. There was a saying about eyes being windows to the soul; she needed to learn how to close those windows in the future.

She turned away and didn't look at anyone for the rest of the brief. She tried her best to pay attention during the chief's talk, but his disapproving look after her cold welcome left her in a sour mood, unable to truly focus on the task at hand. There was a sort of unsettled feeling about the room throughout the morning, or at least Ria perceived one. Her coworkers were more than used to her predictable reactions to situations and cases like this one, but she could still tell they were not pleased with her. It only hardened her resolve - she wasn't doing her job right if no one was unhappy. When the meeting had concluded, she was the first out the door with Jules closely following. He gave her a small scowl as his only means of telling her 'I thought I said to play nice' and then brushed by and walked on. She watched him trail off for a moment, her eyes stony as ever, as she stood in the hall. She couldn't bring herself to regret the way she felt about things, despite how it obviously upset everyone around her. With a sigh, she looked over her shoulder and back into the room where Akesh was still situated. "You're with me, then." She called just loud enough for him to hear. She waited until she got his attention and then signaled with her hand that he should follow her.

She made her way back to her office silently, not bothering to check that he could keep up or not. She left the door slightly ajar and moved around the desk to take her accustomed seat, relaxing the most she had all morning when she hit the power button for her computer. She began going through the normal steps whenever a cold case got reopened, finding the case files from the archives and pulling them up for quick reference. Seeing that she had, for all intents and purposes, blacked out for most of the brief, she would need to read up on them fairly thoroughly. She remained quiet until Akesh had arrived and then she pointed at the other chair in the room. Keeping her eyes on the screen as she skimmed along, she cleared her throat. "I don't know if anyone told you, or rather warned you, but I like to do things my way." She typed in a password for clearance to a more highly restricted file. "I'm not entirely sure why your presence here is even necessary - unless you just threw money at the department to buy your way in -" there her face visibly showed annoyance that suggested she had dealt with that sort of happenings previously, "-but if you promise not to step on my toes or get in the way, I'm sure I can manage to make some kind of progress on this case." Had she been paying more attention, she might have caught just how personal of a connection he had to the case; but in her mind he was most likely some younger heir who just wanted his part of a will. "In fact..." At last she glanced away from her computer and gave him a small smile, "...it would be best if you just hung out around here and let me take care of the dirty work."

and mouths made of knives
PM
^
Vouh J. Akesh
 Posted: 03 Aug 15, 16:49

"There is nothing more beautiful than the night sky, to whom countless broken souls profess their sorrows in hushed desolated whispers."

criminal profiler
male
single pringle
8 posts

The woman is a strange being, he decides, she ignores him at all costs and only looks at him with that striking dark glance to put him in his place, it seems. It doesn’t bother him much though, he had conquered a lot of difficult personalities and became cocky enough to think he would crack hers too.

She speaks, but only because she has too, and Vouh thinks to himself: what a waste of such a pretty face. Her eyes go dark, and she seems to shut herself off from the other men. He probably had already annoyed her, he seems to do that with woman, they are either charmed by him or terribly agitated. She seems to be part of the latter. He licks the corner of his mouth and then smiles a wide grin. “Pleasure to meet you.” His voice is dark and sweet like honey, a low tone accompanied with a charming smile.

The rest of the brief is dreadfully boring, he had most of the details already memorized so none of the information was new to him. So he keeps looking around, his eyes dwindling from the cup of coffee in his hands towards the pretty blonde across from him. He looks her up and down, his eyes linger for a moment on her high heels. He smirks while thinking she probably wears them to gain height on all the male around her, his respect for her curiously grows at that.
During the brief his eyes dart over to her every now and then, but mostly just stay secured on the chief. He drinks the rest of his coffee, and fades into daydreaming, thinking about the way he woke up this morning, about whose lips he can still taste in his mouth. But his memory is a haze.

It takes the chief a long time to finally round up the brief, and Vouh awakes from his mental slumber. His stormy blue eyes are immediately drawn to Belikov, and he throws her another charming smile, which gives him no reaction in return. Which actually seems to amuse him for whatever reason.

People start to leave the room, and it’s only when the last policeman goes through the door that Vouh stays behind in silence. He bites his lower lip, takes a last sip from his coffee and then stands to find someone who can direct him somewhere- anywhere really.
But before he can go chat with that lovely receptionist again, he hears Belikov call out to him. “You're with me, then.” Vouh turns around, and raises his brows, this was going to be fun. “You’re just a ray of sunlight aren’t you?” He says with a thick births accent. He follows her through the hallways, just a little bit behind, which makes him take long strides as not to look like a lost puppy.

Silently they make it to her office, which seems just as cold as her range of emotions he thinks to himself. Either way, he sits in one of the chairs before her desk and leans back. “I don't know if anyone told you, or rather warned you, but I like to do things my way.” He grins that amused little smirk, and licks the corner of his mouth. “I pretty much gathered that.” He says leaning unto his hand. “I’m not entirely sure why your presence here is even necessary - unless you just threw money at the department to buy your way in -“ His brows are raised, his face suddenly overcome with a solemn glance. Her annoyance doesn’t really make it any better either. “-but if you promise not to step on my toes or get in the way, I'm sure I can manage to make some kind of progress on this case.” He tilts his face, his eyes suddenly dark in their sockets, a storm brewing just beneath his rib cage. “In fact...it would be best if you just hung out around here and let me take care of the dirty work.” Shaking his head with a scoff, he leans forward in his chair and looks at the faintest of smiles she gives him. “I guess you didn’t read the paperwork, or get the memo-” He chuckles without any emotion present, making him a little daunting. “The victim was my wife,-” he nods towards the computer “they figured who better to help on the case, right?” He laughs, his blue eyes cleared of any dark clouds, but his face still pretty much empty. If it wasn’t for the charming smile he puts on, he might have just looked like any other criminal at that moment.

PMEmail
^
Buria Belikov
 Posted: 19 Aug 15, 02:26

detective
female
vouh
10 posts

with eyes like bullet holes
She ignored his idle comments for the most part until they were both settled in her office. She saw him take his seat laconically from the periphery of her gaze, leaning forward in the chair and putting his head in his hand like he was perfectly at home. It was agitating, the manner with which he presumed to fill every space like he was doing it a favor. In another situation, she knew she would probably be much more at risk to his blue eyes and the cocky smile plastered on his face. If she had run into him at a bar (a place she rarely graced in the first place), for instance, she could see herself selecting him for an evening's entertainment. No doubt he was a good lay, or one could assume he thought he was by the way he presented; but that wasn't enough to truly entice her. She was all business 99.9% of the time, and rarely tickled notions of any of sort. In their current situation, she had already decided Akesh would have no affect on her and that was that. He still got under her skin though.

“I pretty much gathered that.” He responded to her statement, his smile transforming rather into a smirk that made her bite her tongue to keep from scowling. After she continued with her blunt fumble into what should have been a proper introduction but instead came out as a declaration of war, she noted his eyes and expression shift. She'd managed to penetrate through the shroud of arrogance and nonchalance it seemed, and she tilted her head when he spoke again. “I guess you didn’t read the paperwork, or get the memo-” There he laughed that kind of laugh that really reflected everything except true amusement. She had heard that tone many times, usually wielded when someone felt like making a point but also wanted to show they were offended; just not really, not enough to get angry. They tended to believe they were being intimidating, mirthless and ruthless and lacking emotion. She didn't smile, but she leaned back in her chair, crossing her legs and tapping her fingers against her cheek as she continued to listen. “The victim was my wife - they figured who better to help on the case, right?” He gestured toward her computer with his head, but she didn't follow the notion visibly.

She sat quietly for a few seconds, her face betraying nothing - not a hint of surprise or sympathy and least of all any indication that she may have felt bad about what she had said. He was a bit more attractive with his serious expression on, she mused, her fingers going still. "Of course she was." She muttered more to herself, her soft tone sounding more intrigued than irritated. There was no annoyance or malice behind her utterance; she merely appeared as if for the first time all morning things had become interesting. Remembering herself, she sat forward and removed her jacket, leaning back and clasping her hands together after draping it over her chair. Her shirt beneath was sleeveless and black, simple yet elegant enough to wear to work. She looked rather sleek with her back resting against the chair and her hands placed on her knee. "That is unfortunate and you have my condolences." She replied, nonplussed by his mood thus far.

Her eyes met his with an equal amount of intensity, showing she didn't back down so quickly. "However, simply being related to a victim does not usually entitle people to becoming key figures in their investigations. In fact, it typically rules them out entirely. Bringing that kind of bias to the table only clouds the vision." She blinked, and the corner of her lip curled up slightly. Honestly, she couldn't ever recall a case with an agent who had a personal connection turning out well when they were directly involved with it. Emotions were volatile things and they flared out of control and spiked unpredictably in this field, and that was just when the victim was a John or Jane that nobody knew. She unclasped her hands and sat forward, straightened in her chair. Her green eyes seemed amused by a passing thought, oddly enough. "My superiors have chosen to ignore that, so congratulations." She smiled once more and maintained her gaze a moment longer before her head swiveled away.

She was back to the computer then, having rolled the chair over to skim through the case summary. It wasn't a pretty story in the slightest, and she could only imagine the roller coaster of feelings it probably sent Akesh on. He seemed jolly and well off enough now, though, which was a bit of a red flag if she was honest. Regardless of how long the case had been cold, it was simply a tad off-putting that it took her being frankly blunt and then jabbing at him to evoke some real emotions. It made her suspicious that not all was as it seemed, but it was such a unsupported inkling of doubt that was she was nowhere near ready to address it. She would simply keep it in mind as things progressed, making note of other flags to add to it. When she got to the end of the page and the case history, she bit her lip in thought. "So, none of the leads ever went anywhere and all of the suspects had alibis." She said aloud before craning her neck in his direction. "Would you prefer I dig them back up and proceed from there....or to come up with new suspects? I assume you have some reason for having the case reopened, after all."

and mouths made of knives
PM
^
Vouh J. Akesh
 Posted: 24 Feb 16, 13:49

criminal profiler
male
single pringle
8 posts

Some of his best memories are desolate of some sort. Like hugging his mother for the last time on a cold, rainy day, or walking out of the station for good with not the least inkling of what to do next. He remembers meager landscapes of wars and not all of it is entirely bad.

There are some patients that he can't forget: children's voices fingerpainted in the air, soldiers' agonies bootprinted over his brain. Some years ago, he had counseled a veteran who had become a shell of a man. His trembling fingers had struggled with the golden buttons on his green dress uniform, the medal ribbons a neat row that was such a contrast to his shaking frame.

The young man's despair had fought its way to the front of his skull while he reeled from the latest barb thrown his way by Belikov.

“However, simply being related to a victim does not usually entitle people to becoming key figures in their investigations. In fact, it typically rules them out entirely. Bringing that kind of bias to the table only clouds the vision. My superiors have chosen to ignore that, so congratulations.”

Except now it was more like barbed wire – a thick, dark, cord threaded with a multitude of twisted, razor-sharp edges. A necklace of thorns that would scratch at his skin and threaten to break him until he bled.

“Very true!” he grins, his pupils were like blank bullet cartridges. “However-“ he raised both his brows quickly and sports a boyish grin, tilting his head ever so slightly. “-it was an undercover job, so it was kinda part of a cover.” He licks his lips and leans back into the chair again, nonchalantly resting his head against his hand. He leaves out the fact that she was undercover, and that he was the one being duped. He wanted to say more but shuts his own mouth, Belikov doesn’t have to know the reality of their relationship, yet. “It set a whole lot of things in motion, her being murdered was the first. They brought me back because I am familiar with the case.” At the end of the sentence he gazes away, assuring the hint of emotion isn’t visible to her.

Although the outside world seemed to rotate away in blissful obliviousness, he knew exactly what the several years had done to him. It was something corrosive: an acid that had stripped away one of the many layers of feeling he had. It had burned until there was nothing left, and he hadn't had the strength to fight it. He couldn't find the alkaline to balance everything out, to make it neutral. Worst of all, he knew that he couldn't rebuild it. It was gone.

“But don’t worry about me, love, I won’t be stepping on any toes,” and his voice told her as much: all soothing softness and reassurance. In spite of the balm he could hear in the consonants tripping from his tongue like a little lullaby. “Oh, and I’ll gladly let you do the dirty work-” he shows a half smile and taps with his fingers on the armchair.

Actually, Vouh would be more worried if looks could torture. The expression on Belikovs’ face is one that would melt the flesh from his bones like a blowtorch. And there's something underneath the glare he hasn't seen so clearly before. It's painfully familiar.

“So, none of the leads ever went anywhere and all of the suspects had alibis.” She said aloud before craning her neck in his direction. “Would you prefer I dig them back up and proceed from there....or to come up with new suspects? I assume you have some reason for having the case reopened, after all.” He's going for blunt today. He's given up on more subtle ways of sussing out, he has Dutch courage on tap, and besides, he prefers being obnoxious, generally. It's more effective, faster, and a lot more fun. He sort of thinks it's impressive he's held out this long anyway.

“I’m not the one who reopened the case.” Is all he says, his attention suddenly caught by an assistent walking by in a bright red dress. “I’m only asked to help because of my connection to the case and all-” his eyes are back to Belikov, suddenly clear and vibrant blue again, like pale ice in winter. “But whatever you want, love, it seems like you want to be on top anyway.” He grins raising both his eyebrows in a quick manner before looking away.

OOC: this is a big mess, I am so sorry aaaah

PMEmail
^
Buria Belikov
 Posted: 11 Mar 16, 02:58

detective
female
vouh
10 posts

I am almost insane

Her attitude was starting to chip away at Akesh's nonchalant facade, causing flecks of paint to drop away from his brushstroke grin and reveal a face that was more weary than it wanted to let on. It was her desired effect, though he somehow managed to make her feel slightly guilty about it once he started speaking again. Her sharp tongue and thorny nature was the true reason she had no friends or companions - she knew this, yet for an unknown reason she wondered why she never felt inspired to try killing with kindness for a change. She shrugged it off, focusing in on his words as he dropped the bomb: uncover job. That got her attention real fast, like lightning her eyes flickered with interest and she leaned forward, her neckline spilling low as a result. He in turn leaned back in his chair and continued, 'It set a whole lot of things in motion, her being murdered was the first. They brought me back because I am familiar with the case.' She tilted her head momentarily in thought, processing this new information. "I am beginning to appreciate the...uniqueness of your situation, Akesh." She granted him serenely.

Her hand adjusted so that she rested her in chin upon her arm as she continued to look at him, her eyes more full of questions than before, big and green and still flickering with the vaguest notion of lightning sparks as the cogs of her mind turned. She wondered at the implications of someone being involved in an undercover murder case; it had to beg the question as to whether or not cover ups were being drawn and laid in place to make her job all the more difficult. Undercover for what, exactly? And why would someone want to get that close to Akesh - what was he hiding? She seemed to gaze at him with a newfound sense of intrigue, as if he himself had just unwittingly become the riddle to be solved.

'But don’t worry about me, love, I won’t be stepping on any toes,' his voice comes out soft and unbothered by her efforts of asserting herself as the lead. Though she didn't need it, she could hear the comforting quality in his words, willing her to loosen up her guard ever so slightly. She blinked, mildly confused with the sudden urge to simply shrug and smile at him. He sounded almost musical for a moment there, and she allowed herself to get hung up on his pretty voice until he tacked on, 'Oh, and I’ll gladly let you do the dirty work-' with agitated fingers tapping away at his chair. She sat up straight again and presented a thin smile. "I'm sure you're more than used to letting others pick up the dirty work for you. Wouldn't want to get your hands messy." And there was her barbed tongue once again, that was more like her.

He went on about the case a moment longer, his gaze temporarily distracted by one of the office tramps - or was it assistants - whose greatest accomplishment during the day was her headcount of how many men's eyes she had turned. She couldn't help but trail after the other woman with her eyes as she silently asked her what it felt like to be so pretty that men so easily allowed themselves to get distracted by it. It seemed effortless. If Buria ever desired a man's gaze, it was something she had to make very obvious and she was well aware of that. She blinked as Akesh turned back to her and concluded, 'But whatever you want, love, it seems like you want to be on top anyway.' She half-smirked, half-winced as her reply flew free. "Observant. You'll find that I usually get what I want too." She maintained eye contact for a second longer, before she returned to the case file. After a moment's consideration for her next move, she eventually said, "We should start by determining what it was she was after. We can get moving whenever you're ready." She reached down beneath her desk and rummaged about in her cabinet briefly before she pulled out a clearly marked bottle of vodka. It was half empty and it sloshed against the glass container as she set it down. She smiled innocently as she produced two small glasses as well. "Don't feel like you have to, but I usually kick off a new case with a shot. Just a silly tradition."

with disappearing and the thunder
PM
^
Vouh J. Akesh
 Posted: 21 Aug 16, 03:27

criminal profiler
male
single pringle
8 posts

She's a work of art, composed and self-assured, a cold grimace carefully placed on her rosy lips. She seems to enjoy tearing away at his carefully formed mask, gaining some kind of victory from it. He doesn't really care, he never really cares.

It might have been ten years (will have to make a timeline and figure this out!), but it feels like yesterday. He was carefully inserted into the life of a maffia daughter, adjusting his personality just right to make her fall for him. He has always been good at altering himself, it's quite honestly an art to him. He played a docile art teacher that bumped into her with coffee, all cutesy and cliche, but that was just what she needed. He kept up his role as the hipster boyfriend, slowly starting to enjoy the simple joys of a normal life. As the years went by his job got harder, gathering intel on both her father and her. When he proposed, not part of the plan but his handler thought it was a smart move anyway, he started to question his true motives. Sometimes he withheld intel that could put away Katya, purely because she got into his head, spun him carefully around her finger. They gladly never figured it out, he was pulled from the field when she died, given a pat on the back for good effort. He had been an "essential part" in coming closer to rounding up the Novikovas. He had scoffed and left, feeling betrayed and used.

Years later he figured she was double-crossing him, feeding him all the wrong intel, setting him and the department up for a failure. He even found the appointment she made with an abortion clinic to get rid of their child, it was the last blow he took. After that he no longer cared.

It's no wonder he's all nonchelance and without a care. She'd figure it out soon enough, if she's as smart as the chief kept telling him.

His half grin is back, icy blue eyes cold in their dark sockets. She softens a little before him, shifting slightly in her chair. His eyes remain on her as she serenly speaks, appreciating his unique situation. He tilts his head slightly but remains quiet, enjoying the short softness displaced before him. Her eyes are big and green, ever shimmering with fragments that almost look opalesque. The questions are apparent on her face, growing stronger with every sentence he speaks. She's probably seeing him as another suspect, and she'd be smart to do so.

Buria is confused for a split second as he throws her another nonchelant comment, he truly has no intention to assert himself as leader. He'd gladly follow her around, watch her work and unravel the mystery before them. He'll take the backseat and function as a consultant on this one. It's too packed with emotional death-traps anyway.
She's very distrusting however, perhaps not used to men trusting her capability, or maybe she just hates his guts already. It's an off chance it's the latter.

She sits up straight, presenting a thin smile at his dirty work comment. "I'm sure you're more than used to letting others pick up the dirty work for you. Wouldn't want to get your hands messy." And there was her barbed tongue once again, he quite enjoys these remarks. He smiles, his teeth bare, but he refrains from replying.

He's temporarily distracted by the assistent in the red dress, even more so by the color than by the person in it. That's how his mind works, if something moves he has to look, he has the attention span of a squirel on espresso for that matter.
When he returns to Buria he pictures her in the same red dress and can't be bothered to supress his appreciative smile.

She half-smirks, half-winces, her eyes carefully locked on him, remaining there as she replies. "Observant. You'll find that I usually get what I want too." Her eyes remain a second longer, green opals looking from beneath long lashes. He grins, not questioning it.

"We should start by determining what it was she was after. We can get moving whenever you're ready." He nods slowly, rubbing his chin, he's dreading diving into the case but alas. She bows to get something from the cabinat and he leans back into his chair again, it's quite comfortable for police furniture. She resurfaces from behind the desk with two shot glasses and a bottle of vodka. It instantly has him grinning widely, rubbing his hands in anticipation. Drinking on the job? He won't say no.

"I'd prefer a nice glass of whiskey, but I won't say no to you darling." He chuckles as the transparent liquid is poured into the cups, his mouth displaying a wide boyish grin.

As the vodka leaves a hot trail in his insides he leans back and licks his lips, enjoying the taste. "Nice bottle you got there." He says appreciating the tradition. Vouh inhales deeply and leans forward, elbows on his knees. "Let's go back to the scene, I'll answer your questions on the way there. I work better without the confinements of an office." He gets up from his chair, straightening his jacket and throwing her a glance. "We'll take my ride-", he grins widely.

PMEmail
^
Buria Belikov
 Posted: 28 Nov 16, 17:23

detective
female
vouh
10 posts

Buria waited and watched as her new companion quietly enjoyed her silly rituals of pulling out her drinks. Some would probably judge her for such a practice while on duty, but they never dared say a word about it to her face. She pushed glass over to Vouh and couldn't suppress a half smile at his comment about preferring whiskey. He drank it anyways as she poured her own shot carefully. "Whiskey is so...old fashioned. It's true it has the fire, but the smell." She made a face at the thought and then took her shot of the vodka, closing her eyes momentarily as she swallowed. She opened them again and gazed at Vouh. "Smooth. With the look of water and not a scent to let on it's anything but. A true imposter." She smiled wide, shrugged, and then put the bottle back away as she felt the liquid run down into her stomach delightfully. Now it felt like the beginning a real job.

He leaned forward as she sat back up and mentioned going back to the scene. Surprised, she felt herself nodding in interest. She would like to see the place for herself, even if it would be changed from the years that had past since the crime. Her eyes locked with his icy ones and she felt herself shiver involuntarily. Probably from the alcohol, she quickly surmised. He still seemed rather laid back, even if her earlier jibes had managed to prod him around a bit. He was apparently capable of maintaining his cool rather easily, probably more easily than she. The world knew she would bite back if she were the one being poked. She found herself silently admiring that quality about him for a moment as he stood before her. She watched as he gathered his jacket and put it on, noting the long arms and sculpted torso beneath his thinner shirt. She blinked as he turned his head and caught her eye with a glance. 'We'll take my ride.' He grinned at her.

One of her eyebrows lifted in an elegant arch at the declaration, and though she was tempted to object and say something about how she was in charge and thus they would take a surveillance car provided by the agency, she bit her tongue. She had to admit she was intrigued. She stood and reached for her leather coat as well, shrugging it on as she stepped out from around her desk. "Your ride better be smooth." She replied with a dryness in her tone. She glided past him and strode down the hallway, holding up her badge several times to get them through doors. The way seemed to wind on forever in a confusing maze, but she knew it like the back of her hand. By the time they arrived at the elevator she was wondering if Vouh had lost track of where he was yet. She wondered if he had an escort on the way in as well.

She stepped inside and pressed the correct button for the parking garage's level, clasping her hands together and leaning back against the far wall of the small, confined space. She didn't much care for closed in areas like this, and fidgeted with her hands to distract her mind. She thought back to the case instead. "The victim was your wife, you mentioned...How long did that arrangement last?" Blunt and to the point, she realized it sounded a little insensitive after the question had slipped free. Her eyes she kept cast idly to the opposite wall. "Did she know you were planted?" She continued. She'd read the report. She knew it was supposed to be a secret from the victim, but she had to wonder if there was more to it than that. If maybe she figured it out all along. Surely, Vouh would know. She glanced over and waited silently, expecting an answer to come.

When the door opened and revealed the garage floor, she stepped out and gestured at the rows of vehicles, mostly shades of black and grey with spaces filled in by cruisers and patrol cars with their lights. She glanced back at him and casually asked, "Your ride, hmm? Should I wait here?"

PM
^
Vouh J. Akesh
 Posted: 03 Jun 17, 09:11

criminal profiler
male
single pringle
8 posts

I am being perfectly fucking civil
He grins his teeth bare, his bright blue eyes lined with wrinkles for a moment; a genuine smile placed on soft lips, if only for a second. The woman in front of him intrigues him, makes him smile when he doesn't anticipate to and keeps him slightly off guard. He instantly liked her when she walked in, perhaps mostly because she gives off many vibes that the feeling isn't mutual. As said before, you either like Vouh, or you don't. There's barely any middle ground, and Buria clearly belongs in the latter group. Which makes her all the more interesting to him. Perhaps even a challenge, a puzzle and he need to solve it. He always has a soft spot for people that dislike him.

He grabs his jacket to go out, throwing the black fabric on quickly. He barely ever goes out on a case without wearing a two-piece suit, although he generally doesn't wear the jacket because he overheats quickly. However, today he wears dark pantaloons and a white shirt without a tie and a black jacket with thin striping. It isn't a particular fancy suit but it's definitely of quality and hints at his rich family. Buria wasn't too far off when she assumed him to have thrown money at the department to get in on the case. Or rather his father to have thrown money, having a dad with a criminal empire comes in handy when you collect expensive motorcycles as a hobby.

He straightens his jacket at the collar and looks at Buria, he's ready to go. The icy blonde picks up her leather jacket and throws it on as they head out, entering the maze of hallways and doors, going through many detection gates and having to show ID every 100 meters. When he showed up early this morning he was glad to have been in the building before or otherwise he would've been lost for sure. He smiles at the security guard before the elevator and shows his badge as Buria does the same. They're let through and walk into the metal box, he leans nonchalantly against the back wall and looks at Buria who is fidgeting with her hands. He looks away before he's caught but makes a mental note. There are many things he dislikes but with small spaces he can deal, he'd make sure he's the one to crawl into air vents if needed. He's an asshole, no doubt, but he isn't heartless.

Belikov speaks and he looks in her direction, his lips slightly pulled down but his eyes not giving into emotion. "Four and a half years." He says, he swallows and grins slightly. "We were married for two, it took me some years to convince her of my charm." His gaze drops down as a fond memory appears in his mind, a smile slipping free involuntarily. He was never supposed to marry her, she was even engaged to someone else when they first met. He was only supposed to be a close friend, to find a way into the family without drawing too much attention. To gather intel and work with his partner planted on the criminal side of the family. Of course, everything went downwards from the second his partner was tortured to death. He straightens his face "No, she didn't know." He lies.

The doors open and they walk onto the garage floor, he nods at her to follow. "My ride is just around the corner" He retrieves the car keys from his pocket and unlocks the doors. The lights of the vintage black Mustang light up and he opens the door for his new partner. "Wanna have a go?" He throws the keys in her direction and grins like a small child.
PMEmail
^
Buria Belikov
 Posted: 25 Jul 17, 14:47

detective
female
vouh
10 posts

She took in his answers, all as expected, and made mental note of them for future reference. Somewhere along the line, she was waiting for things to stop adding up, to start feeling wrong and stand out as details to pay attention to. She didn't catch the hint of a lie in his voice, perhaps a mistake on her end or perhaps because she didn't expect him to lie at this point in the game, having been so intent on getting on the case in the first place. She rolled her eyes. "What charm?" It was said mockingly, but there was the slightly indication of a grin on her lips that gave away her amusement.

She followed him, not minding being able to stare at his back, to the vehicle that lit up as he pulled keys out from his pocket. Her attention shifted and she blinked once. Twice. Of course he had a mustang. She cast her eyes back and forth between him and the car and blew out her breath. Before she could make a witty comment on it though, he had tossed her the keys with that shark-toothed grin of his again. Out of reflex alone she caught them, but her lips parted in surprise as she did so. "What, really?" She managed in disbelief, but before he could change his mind she was on the move.

She got in the driver's side in a hurry, settling into place and running her hands along the stick and wheel. Leather interior, black as the outside, sleek and smooth and made for showing off. They would hardly be in inconspicuous driving around in this. But sometimes hiding in plain sight was a valid camouflage. She waited as he got in and closed the door as well, then, barely containing herself, she turned the ignition and listened as the car roared to life and then sputtered into a purr, waiting. She smiled, eyes dancing. "Now you're talking my language." Distracted and entertained, she pulled out of the space, navigated the garage, and got them out onto the streets fluidly, smiling softly the whole time. She probably could have indulged and bought herself a nicer ride if she had ever felt like it, but something always held her back. Made her want to save and never spend for pure pleasure.

She enjoyed putting the car through its paces for a few moments, before she leveled out again and remembered herself more fully. She side-glanced at Vouh, wondering if he thought she was being childish at this point. She cleared her throat. "So. Not bad, Fancy Pants." She reluctantly gave him the compliment.

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules   

CBOX
Skin designed by alimarije for cop, coded by nicky. CFS by black