Welcome to chewing on pearls

Even though it might not seem like it on first sight: this site is active! We are a small multi universe community where every member can role play their character(s) in complete freedom. You can play any character on any board/world. There are no fixed site plots, only those created by members on the various boards. You are free to come and go as you please (although we prefer you let us know so people won't wait for replies). Feel free to register with a main account and chat with us or contact members for plots or to work out any idea(s) you might have. Questions? Feel free to PM one of our admins who will try and help you the best we can.

Add Reply
New Poll

I See Fire, For Marie <3
Eros De Vincentis
 Posted: 13 Nov 16, 17:53

""

4 posts

Give me liberty or give me death

Freedom, it was a word with a priceless meaning. The cost of it was for most too high to pay, or, in a lot of cases impossible to get. And those who could pay that price, in terms of money, were to fixated on power, and keeping that power. For those who hadn’t had the money, there always were different ways to pay. Those were cruel, and one needed to be selfish and mad for it to work. In the end, the price was only worth it for some, a small group of people that would give anything for freedom. But even then, wasn’t it all an illusion? Being truly free was something only dead would give, having no worries about how one needed to survive, wasn’t that the whole point?

A small grunt came from Eros, who had his champagne colored stallion walking with a steady pace. He wasn’t free and he doubted he was ever going to be. He loved the feeling of it, and even though his days weren’t very restricted, there were still needed things to be done. If he could pay the price of even an illusion of freedom he would pay it, but he couldn’t be free in this country. This place had the roughest winters of them all and that left him no choice but to work for some warmth and food. He found this place begin fall, when the storms became too harsh to stay outside in the nights. He had a quite good shelter, and he didn’t want to be an outlander anyways. Not in this time, where the great war was going on between the houses. Every outlander could be mistaken for a spy and be killed in cold blood, just to be sure. And that brought him here, outside on his stallion. He was one of the guardians that protected this house. He’d protect all of them that had chosen this particular house, if they were gifted or not. He killed in cold blood when it was needed, and it was not something he was proud of.

But only that was half of the description, he had saved a dozen by being just on time. There was a lot going on in the border areas, and not only spies, but robbers and other scum searched the place for the ones that were lost. Most times it were the cocky sorcerers that relied a bit too much on their gift. In practice it always was spectacular, even in combat training. But the problem with that was that there were always rules, and those rules only applied in the combat training. No, in the real combat, most of them could be ripped apart too easily. He himself had somewhat of a gift, but he had seen it go wrong one too many times. He didn’t like the whole thing and trusted on the old magic of manpower and muscles. It was good enough for 95% of the people he came across anyways.

Eros his green eyes searched across the area, looking for some sign of life since he hadn’t seen it in a long time. The thick layer of snow had shown a blank canvas where no one would dare to set foot in. It was quite a surprise when a silhouette became visible between the trees. Steady he steered his horse to it, and after some meters it became clear it was a woman, who didn’t seem too old. ’Hello there ma’am, what are you doing here?’ He asked, as neutral as he could. But, as always just a little curious what that stranger could bring.

tag: Rhaella » notes: <3 » words: 609
thanks
PM
^
Rhaella Amor
 Posted: 17 Nov 16, 14:42

"You will hear thunder and remember me, And think: she wanted storms. The rim Of the sky will be the colour of hard crimson, And your heart, as it was then, will be on fire."

Phoenix
Female
3 posts

user posted image
“She was a dark shoreline, rock and mountain, she was the storm and the sadness inside your chest, and you broke yourself upon her.”

Light brown eyes where searching the landscape. Eyes that have seen darkness, fire, lust and love. Eyes that could set your whole world on fire with one blink of them one whisper of her voice and it would haunt you forever.

The thick coat that was laying around her shoulders protected her from the cold and snow on her skin. And the hood she had placed carefully on protected her face from the cold. Her hair was softly curled and some strands of her hair where braided with some colorful beads in them. The colors variated from emerald green to a deep blue. Her dress was rather simple and was made from a nice warm fabric. The color was a darker red brownish tint and it complimented her hair in a natural way. Rhaella never really cared for pretty dresses and beautiful crowns, all she cared about was how to survive this world without anyone notice her. “Without standing out too much..”

The house where she lived had always strangled her, all the rules and games she had to play. All those lessons she had to learn. But everytime she learned something it has been worth it. Fire was running deep trough her veins right now and if you would listen you could almost hear it crackle.

The silenceness that ran trough the forest had given her a very comfortable feeling. But before she could even enjoy the soft whispers of the birds a voice ran trough her mind. The voice was quite neutral, but rather manly. And once the words died out in the distance Rhaella turned herself around piercing her eyes upwards she saw the horse at first and then noticed the man on top of it. Her eyes pierced into his and for once second she would be sure she had seen the man somewhere around. It was like she knew him but she did not knew where from or who he was. All she knew was that she would be in trouble right now with him dressed with a sword and armor and her .. being the poor girl with no “fighting skills”. Little he had known she was hiding a dark and fierce secret, little he knew he would be in trouble if he would touch her with one hand. She knew man like him and he would definitely be in trouble.

Rhaella made some steps trough the snow towards the man. He looked huge on that champagne stallion and for a second she felt like she was no one. Rhaella made a small bow and then decided to break the silence and answer his words. What would be value to know why I am on these borders my knight. her voice was quite soft but warm, just hard enough for him to hear but too soft for anyone else to notice. I thought these borders where free lands. Land for anyone to walk on. she murmured. Any rotten soul could see that she was not from here, that she did not belong to this house but was still wandering around it like some kind of ghost.

PM
^
Eros De Vincentis
 Posted: 29 Nov 16, 15:44

""

4 posts

Give me liberty or give me death

Although the borders weren’t usually as crowded than, let’s say the headquarters of the house, he had seen a lot of man and woman. He could say he had seen it all, from small to huge, royal to no one. All the types that there were, the arrogant ones, the ones that were too afraid to live in this world, the ones that were way too optimistic. With the time he could recognize the ones that tried to spy, for some kind of reason they always acted the same kind of way, which was peculiar. But he could also pull out the scumbags of this place out, he trusted his instincts and till now they never left him.

He scanned the woman, searching for any signs that got him to worry, but found nothing but a pretty redhead that had piercing light brown eyes. Dressed in a simple but rich brownish dress he could see she wasn’t a complete outlander, neither was she very poor. But she didn’t seem like a spy either, and definitely not like a criminal, but he couldn’t be completely sure at that first glance. So he stayed neutral, knowing he would impress enough with the gear he was wearing.

’What would be value to know why I am on these borders my knight.’ She made a small bow that he returned with a nod. He let a small smile show on his face when hearing her voice. When scanning once more closely he found something familiar, as he had seen her before, but he never had. ’Well I most certainly have to know what I can do.’ He said, a bit less cold than before. ’I thought these borders where free lands. Land for anyone to walk on.’ She said, softer than before, while he searched for information in her eyes. She was truly gorgeous, but there was something just a tiny bit off. He decided to leave it by the thought in the back of his head, and not speak out about it. ’That’s true, they were. But times changed and now everyone is scared of the great war that has been going on m’lady.’ He said after a short silence, without losing eye contact. ’Can I do something for you madame?’ Were his last words before he looked away and quickly scanned the area for danger.

tag: Rhaella » notes: <3 » words: 395
thanks
[/QUOTE]
PM
^
Rhaella Amor
 Posted: 10 Jan 17, 16:24

"You will hear thunder and remember me, And think: she wanted storms. The rim Of the sky will be the colour of hard crimson, And your heart, as it was then, will be on fire."

Phoenix
Female
3 posts

“One tiny flame could make so many other flames; one tiny flame could set afire a whole world.”

-

She smiles softly as she again made a few steps towards the man. She was now in front of him and placed her hand on the horse it’s head. While petting the stallion she looked up with her brown eyes and if you looked closely you could see some red sparks burning in them. It was like she was always burning. Burning from the inside. Rhaella looks at him with curiosity in her eyes. What would be the story behind this man? And why was he here.. she seemed very intrigued but still she was careful with him. What if you cannot do anything for me, my knight.. What would you do then? she smiles warm while stroking the horse nose. And turning her gaze away from the man and pointing them at the stallion. His fur was fluffy and his breath was soft, and sometimes she could see some little clouds escape from it’s nose. He’s a fine stallion, she smiled with a strong build. He must have taken you to a lot of adventures and miles away, my knight she spoke again this time softer than before.

Once the man started talking again she looked at him with curiosity hearing every word he said, saving every one of them. As he spoke about the great war that was happening she nodded slowly and turning her sight towards him again immediately knowing what she had to say; It is our fight, if we do nothing. We will hide within our walls, live our lives away from the light and let darkness descend. I think that is not the solution.. We are a part of this world...Are we not?? So I will not hide behind my walls and act like there is nothing going on. I want to be free, outside, fly… Rhaella turned her gaze away and watched the landscape after that she continued her words again.

But if you would like to know… I have walked these borders for a lot of times, beyond the forest and up into the night. I have seen the world fall away and the white light forever fill the air. I’ve looked at the stars and the northern lights and I fill my days with daydreaming. she softly smiled while speaking her last words and made some distance between them. I am sorry, I should not bother you with my silly stories.. You have much more important things going on your mind.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules   

CBOX
Skin designed by alimarije for cop, coded by nicky. CFS by black